Friday, June 1, 2007

Getting Ready for the Challenge






My name is Amy Graham-King and I am the Director of Food Resources at Operation Food Search. I am a single mom with two girls: Chloƫ, 8 and Mia, 4. Together, along with the OFS Executive Director Sunny Schaefer, we are going to take on the Food Stamp Challenge starting this Saturday. This means I will only have $21 a piece to feed myself and my children for 7 days. Right now my biggest concern is making sure both of the kids have plenty to eat. I am sure this is a common worry for women who are faced with this challenge every week throughout the year. I cannot imagine anything more heartbreaking than having to send my children to bed hungry. To avoid this I may have to skip a meal or two myself.

As the week continues I will keep an online diary so you can follow all of us on this journey.

1 comment:

. said...

My family and I finished up our week of the challenge today (we're in MO), and you may want to read my day-to-day posts that detailed what I purchased, what we ate and what I had left at the end of the week!

Most important thing I can offer - plan, plan, plan!

Good luck with you week!