Wednesday, June 6, 2007

The Incredible Shrinking Woman!

I have read that other people participating in this challenge have lost weight. I did not think that would happen to me. I eat a healthy diet and watch my empty calorie intake. Well I was wrong. It is only Wednesday and I have lost 3lbs. Obviously it is the reduction in my portion size. Every meal I eat with the girls I am careful to make sure they get their seconds before I take my first. And I must say a few times I have been reduced to eating whatever they have left on their plates. Really it is kind of gross. Mac and Cheese left in the bottom of the bowl, or a part of a hot dog that is already cold. The hotdog thing in general is disgusting. Normally I buy kosher, all beef hotdogs for the 2 times a year we eat them, but the cheapest has ingredients in them I have never heard of. I had to get a Boca burger donated to us for my daughter Chloƫ, because she is a vegetarian. I must say I was very jealous of her veggie burger, and wished she had left some for me on her plate.

Sunny was able to get chicken on sale, which seemed like a great buy at the beginning of the week, but she is now getting to the point where she never wants to see a piece of chicken again. She has also shared that she is not sure how much longer she will be able to do this, and may decide to end the challenge early.

Both Sunny and I have been lucky when it comes to the support of our family and friends. My best friend and her husband have even joined me part way on this journey, opting to eat several dinners with us this week. Sunny’s husband has also agreed to participate and has eaten all of his dinners with her. That is not to say some people in my life have not used this opportunity to torment me with the details of how wonderful the burritos are they have eaten this week. Have I mentioned how much I love burritos?!?

No comments: